4 December, 2015
Frittatas with Tomatoes Onions and Fresh Mozzarella
Frittatas with Tomatoes Onions and Fresh Mozzarella are a quick, easy and a great breakfast. You can make Frittatas dozens, no, hundreds of different ways and they are all good. Gammy always has some of her frittatas for people on the go in the freezer, but, on a weekend when we are going to be home for breakfast together we try different ways to enjoy our frittatas. This is one of our favorites.
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 medium size onion,, cut in strips.
- 1 Roma tomato seeded and cut into strips
- 4 slices of fresh mozzarella about 1/8″ thick or any kind of cheese YOU prefer
- Beat up the eggs
- Cut up the onions, tomatoes and the cheese
- Put an oven safe skillet on at medium
- Light up the broiler
- Put the butter in the skillet
- When the butter has melted spread it all around the pan and add the onions stirring or tossing as they cook.
- When the onions start to turn brown add the strips of tomato.
- Stir them in with the onions and cook them for just about 20 seconds.
- Add the eggs and cook until it gets firm enough on the outside edge to be able to be slightly pulled away from the side of the pan with a fork.
- [img src=”http://poppopcooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Frittatas-with-Tomatoes-Onions-and-Fresh-Mozzarella1-1.jpg” width=”550″ height=”550″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Frittatas with Tomatoes Onions and Fresh Mozzarella1″ alt=”Frittatas with Tomatoes Onions and Fresh Mozzarella1 poppopcooks.com”]
- <iframe src=”http://rcm-na.amazon-adsystem.com/e/cm?t=poppopcooks-20&o=1&p=42&l=ur1&category=kitchen&banner=09RE3AASKRA6TA2H9K82&f=ifr&linkID=N6UJ77LP46Y4HI2G” width=”234″ height=”60″ scrolling=”no” border=”0″ marginwidth=”0″ style=”border:none;” frameborder=”0″></iframe>
- Spread the slices of cheese out on top of the Frittata and put the pan under the broiler until the eggs have firmed up and the cheese has melted.
- Remove the Frittata and cut into the size portions that you want
- [img src=”http://poppopcooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Frittatas-with-Tomatoes-Onions-and-Fresh-Mozzarella2.jpg” width=”550″ height=”550″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Frittatas with Tomatoes Onions and Fresh Mozzarella2″ alt=”Frittatas with Tomatoes Onions and Fresh Mozzarella2 poppopcooks.com”]
- and enjoy your breakfast!!
- [img src=”http://poppopcooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/IMG_1332.jpg” width=”550″ height=”550″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Frittatas with Tomatoes Onions and Fresh Mozzarella6″ alt=”Frittatas with Tomatoes Onions and Fresh Mozzarella6 poppopcooks.com”]