16 December, 2015
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo
Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo is way easier to make than it sounds. Fettuccine Alfredo dates back more than 100 years to Rome,, Well if you want to know more about it’s history click here. You could do it just just with the Alfredo sauce or Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo is real good. You could do it with lots of different add ons. Like a couple of cored and seeded Roma tomatoes cut in to little squares or string beans or peas or whatever your creativity wants to try. Tonight we went with our favorite, Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo.
- [b]1/3 of a 16oz. box of fettuccine
- 4 chicken tenders or 1 boneless breast cut into appx. 3/4″ cubes
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus a little for garnish[/b]
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the fettuccine and add about a tbsp. of salt.
- Put a pan on at medium high and add the olive oil.
- Let it get hot and add the chicken. You could cook the chicken whole and cut it up when it’s done or cut it up then cook it. Which ever works best for you. Sprinkle the chicken lightly with salt and pepper.
- When the chicken is done put it aside on a plate to catch the drippings.
- [img src=”http://poppopcooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Chicken-Fettuccine-Alfredo1.jpg” width=”512″ height=”512″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo1″ alt=”Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo1 poppopcooks.com”]
- When the pasta water starts to boil add the fettuccine and mix it into the water. Stir it often as it cooks. Cook it till just a little more firm then al dente. It will cook some more in the sauce. If the pasta gets done before the Alfredo sauce is ready drain it saving about a cup of the water, return it to the pot and toss with a little olive oil to keep it from sticking together.
- While the pasta is cooking put a larger pan on at medium heat and add the butter, broccoli, a pinch each of salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Toss or stir a few times as it cooks
- When the broccoli has started to soften push it to the outside of the pan and put the garlic in the bare spot. Put a tbsp. or so of the pasta water on the garlic and let it cook for just about a minute. You don’t want it to get brown.
- [img src=”http://poppopcooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Chicken-Fettuccine-Alfredo2.jpg” width=”558″ height=”512″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo2″ alt=”Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo2 poppopcooks.com”]
- Add the chicken, the fettuccine, about 1/4 cup of the pasta water, the cream and the parmesan to the pan and simmer it stirring often.
- [img src=”http://poppopcooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Chicken-Fettuccine-Alfredo.jpg” width=”684″ height=”512″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo” alt=”Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo”]
- When the sauce has thickened serve it up!
- Garnish with a little grated parmesan. Bon Appetite!
- [img src=”http://poppopcooks.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/label-5.png” width=”200″ height=”326″ class=”aligncenter size-full” title=”label-5″]